Saturday, August 9, 2008

visit to Dunkin Donuts

A summer of being in and out of the hospital means that I've put on some pounds. I've also not had my haircut in WAY too long. The long and short of it - I am not looking my best. So much so that when I was complaining to my father about this very issue, he MOOED at me. Yes, my father made a MOO noise at me. Nice, huh?

Went to Dunkin Donuts this morning feeling self conscious and blah. The 15 year old boy behind the counter said "You look like that actress on tv, the pretty one".

Now HOW NICE IS THAT? That kid absolutely made my day!

2 comments:

Mr Darcy said...

A joke. A joke! It was a joke.

So you know I won't be speculating as to which star that lad was thinking of. I certainly won't mention Paris or Brittany, or Kirsten Dunst.

Oops, wrong daughter.

Katharine said...

You keep telling yourself that when you get my therapy bill!

:-)