Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sleeping Attire

I do not have cute sleeping attire. I tend to sleep in huge, oversized pajama bottoms, old concert tees, or shapeless nightgowns purchased at Target. I've always been this way, never really buying cute sleeping attire because, well, I was SLEEPING in them. So who cared? It's never really bothered me, but I've been watching "Ghost Whisperer" on Tivo and I can't help and notice that the Jennifer Love Hewitt character never sleeps in Ozzy Osbourne tee shirts. She always looks like this:

See? She's reading in bed and she's wearing slinky black nightgown. This is so not me. If Jeff comes to bed and I'm reading, I'm usually wearing my enormous blue pajama bottoms and some kind of faded tank top. I do not look cute by any stretch of the imagination. Top it off with the fact that my hair has not been cut yet and I tend to pull it all into an elastic on top of my head. Let's just say that it's not a look that lends itself to romance. So my dear blog readers, should I invest in some sleeping attire? If so, where? I've looked for cute and comfortable pajamas and night shirts and the such and have come up empty. Don't point me to Victoria's Secret though, last time I went in there I was older than most of the clientel by 20 YEARS! I swear there were 12 year old girls poking through the bins of thongs, which is just so wrong I won't even rant about it. So where? I did get a kind of cute pair of pj's at Macy's lately, but I've got no other clue. If you won't help me, at least help Jeff! Doesn't he deserve a wife who isn't scary at bedtime??

5 comments:

Bowman Family said...

Just to let you know I wear t-shirts and sweatpants to bed most nights. I tried wearing nightgowns but Greg keeps it too cold in the house. -Tricia

Anonymous said...

Well, as long as you're bra-less in the mentioned faded tank top, does Jeff really care? I laughed reading your latest, because last night I slept in mens' huge blue cotton pajama pants, with a faded blue tank (with added bleach stain) and my hair in a knot on top of my head as well. I'm thinking Jim is still blinded by newlywed love to notice I do not look like Jennifer Love Hewett either. My next comment is ... I think that if I had a glamourous black nightgown on, it would look out of place in my mismatched-needs-the-rug-pulled-up, floors-refinished, walls-painted-new-curtains-and-bedding bedroom that we sleep in.
~ Tiffany

Mary said...

That's quite a visual you painted for us, Katharine. lol

Crankipantz said...

Pajamas? Why wear pajamas?

But if you insist on pajamas...I like the pajamas you got at Macys. Consider that Jennifer Love Hewitt has a costume designer pick our her skimpy sleepwear, which is why there is so much variety. They do this because CBS wants ratings, so they put her in clothes that no real person wears. Sure, it works, but it's in no way relevant to real life. Consider that they also gave her a husband like no other real life husband in the WORLD. She does all kinds of crazy shit and he just goes along with it all like some kind of Stepford husband. See...not realistic.

So get some more of those Macy's pajamas. They're comfortable and you look good in them.

Roxanne said...

I have no idea as most of my PJs come from that sexy lingerie store of L.L. de Bean.