Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Book Three in the Twilight Series "Eclipse"


My friend Lisa just brought by "Eclipse", the third book in the Twilight series. She told me that this one focuses more on Jacob (hot, young werewolf and third wheel in the Bella & Edward obsessive "love" relationship). I am not hopeful for this book, mainly because this is how it starts:


"All of our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain. With ice in my heart, I watched him prepare to defend me. His intense concentration betrayed no hint of doubt, though he was outnumbered. I knew that we could expect no help - at this moment his family was fighting for their lives just as surely as he was for ours. Would I ever learn the outcome of the other fight? Find out who the winners and losers were? Would I live long enough for that? The odds of that didn't look so great. Black eyes, wild with their fierce craving for my death, watched for the moment when my protector's attention would be diverted. The moment when I would surely die. Somewhere, far, far, far away in the cold forest, a wolf howled".


Anyone else exhausted after reading that? I'm freakin' bored ALREADY! Since the book is 629 pages long, I am assuming that its going to take a long, long time to get to the fight. I am thinking there is going to be lots of sparkly vampire admiration, lots of Bella acting like a complete and total nitwit, and perhaps some more near death experiences where Bella and Edward can discuss the true depths of their love for each other. A love that is based solely on appearance on Bella's end, and smell on Edward's end. I am also going to assume that Bella continues to be a passive player in any fight/conflict that is going on. That she is going to wring her hands by the sidelines and sigh and be dramatic and not do a damn thing. I do have to say that I am intrigued by black eyes craving her death, mainly because her dying is something that blue eyes are craving as well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god Kae! This author deserves a medal for THE absolute worst writing skills EVER, for real (gulp, author, I hope you don't read this blog!)! In my third sentence, my brain hurt from having to put all these awkward words next to each other.... DREADFUL! and almost 700 pages of this?????????????
:o(
Helen

Karen said...

I got the first book on audible, and almost stopped listening to it. Damn it was irritating. I am tempted to listen to the others just because i cant belive how bad it is :D If you want a decent read, read Across the Nightengale floor by lian Hearn (sp?). It is also a young adult book, but really fun.

Katharine said...

Hi Karen! I'm so excited you're reading my blog!!! ;-)