Sunday, August 3, 2008

Most Embarassing Fashion Malfunction

Because I'm home from surgery and tired I didn't really feel up to writing about the actual surgery/hospital visit. I'll write about that tomorrow when I'm feeling a little more like myself. Instead I'm going to talk about my worst wardrobe malfunction. About 10 years ago I was in Florida with an ex-boyfriend attending the christening of a niece or nephew of ex-boyfriend (I no longer remember which, ex-boyfriends' siblings were fairly prolific so it really could be either). At the time I was wearing a long dress, ankle length, that was black with small red flowers on it and puff sleeves. Now this dress buttoned all the way from the top to the bottom so if the buttons were undone the entire thing would fall off of me. I know everyone here can already smell disaster. Well I was "helping out" that day and watching one of the numerous kids at the time and was walking around with a toddler on my hip. Toddler decides he wants to get down. Does toddler decide to slide down normally and go on his way? No. Toddler decides to RIP OPEN MY DRESS and scamper off. I was standing, in a church, where people had VIDEOCAMERAS, while my entire dress was open for my ex, his family, and various other people to see. I immediatley sank down behind a pew and frantically buttoned up my dress where I proceeded to spend the rest of the day in open denial. I did not acknowledge that everyone had seen my (thankully, matching and very nice) bra and panty set, and I have not spoken about it until this day.
Anyone else feel like sharing a horrible embarassing wardrobe malfunction?

1 comment:

Mary said...

I sing in my church choir and we have no special dress code (other than what's suitable for church, of course), nor do we wear robes. On certain celebrations, the director likes us to wear white shirts and black bottoms. I have a dressy white blouse made of slippery material, with little teeny tiny buttons. Takes forever to put on and I'm not sure why I bought it, but I digress. Due to the slippery fabric and the fact that the buttons are so teeny, they sometimes come undone

You can imagine what's coming up here, right?

Before the Mass started one day, I turned around to put something on the shelf in back of me, and my entire shirt opened up for the congregation to see.

So fear not! We've all had wardrobe malfunctions.

Oh, and on Friday of this past week, I noticed at 12:25 PM that I had my skirt on inside out.

Feel better now?!