Saturday, September 13, 2008

Visit to the Square One Mall

Went to the Square One Mall last night with my mother and Jeff last night. My mother was looking for some sort of GPS system that she couldn't find, and Jeff was just looking to browse Best Buy. I was looking for a birthday present for a 6 year old's birthday party we are going to do today and my mother was WAY too excited about the boy toys. The Tonka Trucks, the Transformers, the Hot Wheels, she was gushing all over them. Did I mention that my mother wanted boys instead of the girls she got? She's ALL about the boy toys. I told her to move along, there's not grandkids to buy for because she was just so freakin' excited. Than we went to CVS so I could get some Mederma($18 for one litttle tube of scar stuff and at the rate I'm going I'll need to buy it in bulk at Costco!!!), and my mother to tell random teenagers that she has a rash on her back that itches. Seriously. I'm down the aisle looking for Calamine lotion for her and I hear her telling these MAYBE 14 year old kids that she has a rash. And that it ITCHES! WHAT?? I had to rush back and get her, "Who are you talking to" I asked, and she was all embarassed. "I don't know why I said that". Thank you Mom, aka The Woman Who Says Exactly What's on Her Mind Regardless of Who She is Talking To! It was actually pretty damn funny and I managed to hustle her out of there fairly quick.

We left the mall with the following:
Mom with Calamine lotion and a birthday card for my Uncle.
Me with Mederma for the multitude of scars that I currently have.
Jeff with "Harvey Birdman" that he got them to mark down to $12.50 when it was marked at $29.99. He just showed them that the Best Buy online site had it listed at the cheaper price and they gave it to him. Score!

Oh, and my Mom paid for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Not a bad night all around!

1 comment:

Crankipantz said...

Harvery Birdman...Attorney at Law Vol 2. Where else can you watch Boo Boo Bear go on trial for being the Unabooboo, or Shaggy and Scooby busted for drug possession. It's a great series of spoofs on Hanna Barbera cartoons. I couldn't pass up Vol 2 for 12.50.