Monday, September 8, 2008

2 Year Anniversary

Today was my 2 year anniversary, and I look like the Bride of Frankenstein. Courtesy of my friend Lisa, here's her interpretation of my current looks:


Although I think the Bride here looks better than I currently do!

Regardless, I managed to get home and do a little something special for Jeff in honor of our anniversary. Because this past Sunday we actually had a FIGHT that consisted of "what do you want for dinner", "I don't care, what do you want for dinner", hit repeat as this went on and on and on. Good times. So I made dinner tonight. I don't think I need to remind you all that cooking is not my strong point. So I followed Mary's suggestion and used our crock pot. Chicken Cordon Blue in the crock pot, consisted of these ingredients:
  • Chicken Breast
  • Cream of Chicken Soup
  • Sliced Ham
  • Sliced Swiss Cheese
  • Herb Stuffing
  • Milk
  • Butter
Mix it all together, cook on High for three hours and it came out really nice. Never mind that the entire meal cost $25, that's about how much we normally spend on take out, and it was much nicer to have a homemade meal. And since Jeff came home and was ON HIS CELL PHONE DOING WORK STUFF for the first hour, I thought it was nice that dinner was already waiting for him. I feel so Donna Reed!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JEFF! Love you!

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

Honey, you'll never be Donna Reed.

Katharine said...

LOL!!! Too true, too true!!!

Mary said...

You can't go wrong with a crockpot. ;-)

Happy anniversary! Has it been two years already?? Wow.

Crankipantz said...

That was SO good too! That makes 2 things that I know Katharine can cook now that aren't baked goods(this and lasagna...and boxed mac and cheese)! It's true...I was working at work, on my way home, and an hour after I got home. But I certainly appreciated a home cooked meal for a change instead of all that takeout. Maybe I'll cook some Amercian Chop Suey this week. Hahaha...Donna Reed.

Crankipantz said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSAY deserved it's own comment!