Saturday, September 20, 2008

Make Up

I love make-up. I really, really love make-up. And today is very special, I can *finally* wear make-up, most specifically eye make-up again. Hallelujah! I still have a bruise on my cheek, but it's smaller now and kind of looks like a birthmark of sorts so people are too polite to comment on it. But I can wear eye make-up again and all is right with the world. Last weekend I went to a child's birthday party in Salem and I could not wear my normal eye make-up. One of the women there commented that I had "lovely blue eyes" and I responded that they're normally even prettier when I've got some eye make-up around them. She disagreed and said she likes the "natural" look. Now, I like the "natural" look too and it require a nice little supply of make-up to achieve this look. Here's what I normally wear:

1st. Some sort of moisturizer with sunblock in it, I have no allegiance to brands here and tend to flit to brand to brand.


2nd. Laura Geller's luminizer powder in "Balance and Brighten" which I sweep all over my face. I've tried other bronzers and powders and this one works for my pale skin, and if I *don't* wear it people ask me if I'm feeling okay because apparently I look like death without it!





3rd. I love Benefit for its packaging and cute names, and I'm a huge fan of "High Beam" which looks a little like nail polish and is applied in a similar way. I dot it around my eyes and brow bone and it makes me look like I had a good nights sleep.



4th. Some sort of eye shadow. Once again, I'm a huge whore for eye shadow and I will try anything and everything under the sun. I have darker eye shadow colors for night, I have lighter and cream based eye shadows for day. Love eye shadow!

5. Mascara. I love mascara, love it, love it, love it. I would totally have an affair with mascara if I could. And being a pale redhead there is only one mascara I wear. "Just for Redheads" mascara in Spice. It's absolutely the only mascara out there that works for me, brown mascaras are too dark for me, and black, forget it. Total raccoon eyes with the black.

6. Finally lipstick. I either wear lipstick or gloss or SOMETHING on my lips. It just "finishes" your face if you get my meaning. Lipsticks are also hard for me, and I usually wear "Just for Redheads" lipstick, but my friend Jen got me some Lancome lip glosses called "Juicy Tubes Smoothie" and they are just lovely. I've been having fun playing with the different shades and they all have a pretty shimmer to them which is also very nice.

So that's my "Natural" look, and I am so excited to be embracing this look again! When I came downstairs after doing my make-up this morning I think Jeff was surprised by how very pretty I was! ;-)

No comments: