Thursday, September 11, 2008

Is it Me Moment

I had a conversation with a co-worker, another Massage Therapist I will call "MT"
MT: There are vampires out there you know
ME: What?
MT: Vampires. A friend of a friend of mine dated a guy who was a vampire
ME: Do you mean he filed his teeth and bit your friend and *thought* or *called* himself a vampire, or was he able to turn into a bat and had to avoid sunlight because he would EXPLODE?
MT: *in a huffy voice* She doesn't like to talk about it. But he was a vampire
ME: Okay

Now, is it me people? I mean, I consider myself open minded and God only knows there are some wacky people out there. I myself have an active imagination and all of that, but VAMPIRES? Really and truly, honest to goodness VAMPIRES? Live forever, no soul, must have blood and die in the sunlight Vampires? I just don't see it. Call me a skeptic, but I also don't believe in the following:
Werewolves
The Loch Ness Monster
Bigfoot
Superman
Batman
Mermaids
The Batboy as promoted by the Weekly World News
That if I meditate and work on my higher energy and TRAIN that I will become a "breathatarian" (http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/846077.aspx)

But I totally believe that one day I am going to write and publish a romance novel. So maybe I am crazy after all! ;-)

1 comment:

Crankipantz said...

What?? You don't believe in Batman or Superman? That's just CRAZY...and as for Vampires...well, I'm watching 30 Days of Night and there are craploads of them all over the TV. Silly non-believer.