Sunday, September 21, 2008

Movie Night with Jeff and my Father

I don't know what it is about having my father over for movie night that compels Jeff and I to put in a movie that we *know* he would never in a million years choose to watch. Last night we watched "The Orphanage", which was actually really good, spooky movie. I wouldn't call it a horror movie, but it was definitely a thriller, ghost story of sorts. Frankly, it creeped me out QUITE a bit and I did not, I repeat, did NOT sleep well last night. Ask Jeff, I wound up watching QVC at like 1am just to get to sleep. And the ending, oh my. Brutal, brutal in the sense that you were just horrified at the ending and how wrong it was. Not wrong in the way that it didn't fit in the with story, but wrong in the sense that it was just plain wrong. They try to lighten it up a little bit with the end scenes, but its still pretty bad. If you're looking for a scary movie, kind of like "The Others" but with a few more twists and a REALLY creepy kids game that is played with ghosts, than this is for you. If not, well pass this over because OOFAH, I didn't get to sleep until like 4am.


1 comment:

Crankipantz said...

Who is this WE that you speak of that chooses movies that your Dad would never watch?