Monday, October 27, 2008

Seven Things About Me

I thought this was a cute idea so I am writing down seven things you might know about me.

1. I love video games. I especially love games where I can control the characters and completely and utterly dictate the way their lives turn out. SIMS, Viva Pinata, World of Warcraft - I love them all. I think it's a control thing because I really do like to control every aspect of their world and tailor it to how I want it to be.
2. I'm a metalhead. Some of my favorite bands are Megadeth, Slipknot, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Red, Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Five Finger Bleeding, and Hurt. Ask Jeff, he DESPISES the music I listen to but I find it strangely soothing.
3. I've suffered from insomnia for 10+ years and can go months without a problem to suddenly being unable to sleep a wink. When I can't sleep I turn into a raving maniac and ANY noise/light irritates me. Monty is forced to sleep in his crate downstairs, and Jeff has to let me fall asleep first otherwise I spent the night telling him to turn over because he's snoring.
4. Completely fascinated by TLC shows that depict families with lots of kids. "Jon and Kate Plus 8" and "17 Children and Counting" being two that I watch very regularly.
5. I used to play the flute and was even a member of Junior MYWE (That's Massachusetts Youth Wind Ensemble). Meaning, I was pretty darn good at it for awhile.
6. I can go weeks without cleaning the house and suddenly, out of nowhere, I will become EXTREMELY upset about our messy house and go on a cleaning binge. It's 2am on a Friday? Doesn't matter to me, I will still be mopping the floor in a cleaning frenzy.
7. I hate to talk on the phone. I'd much prefer email or Facebook or the blog. Something about the phone I'm just not into. Maybe because during my typical workday I am on the phone almost the entire day, the idea of coming home and getting on the phone again is NOT appealing.

So, anyone feel like sharing 7 things about themselves???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there!
LOL, thanks for sharing these tidbits about you. :o)))
Knew a few of them (heavy metal, etc). You lost me on a few (cleaning? I'm not sure Im familiar with that, refresh my memory please????). I don't care how thick the dust layer is in front of me, if I can see through my windows still, it's all good.
Insomnia, EEK!!!! Sounds absolutely frightening. and HEY I would love for nathalie to pick up the flute, what a magical instrument. Do you still play it?
have a great weekend!
Helen

merebaker said...

ok 7 things about me:

1. hate dancing-- by myself it is fine- with other- be very very afraid!!
2. Hate italian food even though I live in the North End.
3. Have a plastic right inner ear--No swimming or getting water into this!!! Disastrious if I do-- NO DRAINAGE!!!
4. In love with a 4 and 5 year old. Emmet and Josie- Never thought I would be the doting aunt!! Now I am so impressed with these little men!!!
5. Unemployed since Sept 26, 2008-- Was working in the travel industry and loved it!!!
6. Just started readin Jane Austin-- never read anything like this before!!! Now I can say I have read it-- Usually I say The only thing I read is People!!!
7. I was named after Meredith Bater Birney- funny my name is Meredith Baker-- Always mess up at doctors offices