Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weeks past

HELLO! I am soo sorry that I've been so bad about updating. I've been sick and started a new job, and well, the list goes on and one. So let's start it, shall we?

1. Started my new job as a "Relationship Coordinator" at a pediatric dental office in Lexington. It's VERY nice getting a regular paycheck again, but it is NOT nice having to be at work by 7:30am. I am NOT a morning person and adjusting my already insomnia prone clock to this change has been hard. As a result I am tired, very tired. Bone tired.
2. I have learned that because I am at a pediatric dental office that kids are petri dishes and I have gotten sick. Nasty cough, sore throat, and while I am slowly getting better, Jeff is now sick as well and we can only imagine what a barrel full of laughs Jeff and I are when we are BOTH sick. It's not pretty people, that's all I'm going to say!
3. Jeff and I went to "The Melting Pot" in Burlington for dinner and learned that you should NEVER have cheese fondue with only water to drink. Apparently that makes all that lovely melted cheese form into a hard block of cheese in your stomach and making you feel lousy with a capital L. So have the wine people!!!
4. Working 6 days a week sucks. I don't care who you are, it blows. I still work as a Recruiting Assistant on Fridays and doing massage on Sundays. I'm keeping up the insane schedule until Christmas so I can actually get Jeff a Christmas present this year!
5. No matter how big my pity party is - there is always someone worse off. I was at my Recruiting Assistant job and got a call from a gentleman who wanted to work as a live-in caregiver in exchange for free housing. He was a teacher who got laid off and lost his house recently and has no place to live. How awful is that??? Made me want to cry actually. And made me appreciate the fact that though our house is tiny, its still ours.

That's it people! Hope you're all doing well and I promise to be better about updating in the future!

No comments: