Wednesday, November 19, 2008

desire to be warm this winter

It's chilly in our house. Mainly because our house is insulated with chicken wire and newspaper, and also because we only keep the heat at 65 degrees. It's not COLD, but you can get chilly. As a result we have multiple blankets to cuddle up with and I tend to walk around with a fleece jacket on. BUT, I am very tempted by the following:

It's called a "blanket wrap" and I kind of want it. Yes, it's hideous and I'll feel like I'm a hundred years old when wearing it. But I also think I will be nice and snuggly warm, and snuggly warm JUST may win out over vanity. What do you think?

3 comments:

Mary said...

I have friends who live in a big house (a mansion, as I like to call it) who keep the heat at something like 55-60 degrees. It is warmer OUTSIDE than inside on some winter days. When I'm invited over there in the winter, they always have a fire going and I plunk myself right next to it. I said if they gave me a shawl and a rocking chair, I'd be all set.

Roxanne said...

No dear, this is not what you need. What you need is a pair of Wicked Good Slippers from L.L. Bean. Seriously. They are $50 but so worth it! I bought some with birthday money a few years ago and they've paid for themselves with our lower thermostat setting. Love love love them!!!

Anonymous said...

ok, Kae, please pay attention: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo effing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

There. Did you get that? NO CAN DO. the mere sight of that picture made me burst out loud, which is a good thing but then when I picture that giant, shapeless cottonball on one of my friends, I instantly want to cry. So please please please, stay away from the ugliness (or don't tell me if you're going to give in to temptation!.
:o)
Helen