Friday, November 21, 2008

Plan for tomorrow

I got a fabulous coupon to Kohl's for friends and family, a discount for 15% and I am already scoping out what I want.
I'm definitely getting a flannel shirt for my senior guy, and it seems I can get some really nice ones for a VERY nice price.

I am also thinking another blanket for our sofa. We have one down blanket that we fight over, and it might be helpful to have a second one. But we'll see... I don't want to spend more than $75 on this trip and I'm also planning to get some small Christmas gifts. You know, stocking stuffers, maybe some items for my father, some dress socks for myself... Oh, and maybe a new pair of work pants. I am too fat for most of my dress pants so I've been wearing the same black pair and gray pair every week. Alternating with a few dresses and skirts, and I'm thinking maybe another pair of pants would not be a bad thing.

Now, as a former compulsive shopper with an addiction to the, ahem, higher priced items in life, I never really shopped at Kohls or Target for clothing or shoes. If the shoes weren't insanely pricey, I wasn't interested. And that my friends, is how credit card debt adds up! SO.. in my efforts to be more fiscally responsible I've been rediscovering.. or discovering for the first time... bargain shopping. Now, wish me luck with this people because bargain shopping and comparing prices is NOT my strong suit. I'm the "see it, love it, buy it without a seconds' hesitation" kind of gal so actually comparing prices, using coupons, and THINKING about a purchase is all new. But if Jeff and I want to maybe someday finish our never-ending list of home improvement list, we need to save money and pay down debt. So I'm trying to be smarter. And on that note, I discovered this fabulous web site that lets you sell your old books. They even pay for shipping. It's :
http://cash4books.net/index.php?ref=41667

I just sold about 6 books for $12.00 and while that's NOT a lot of money.. that's still money back in my pocket for books I don't read anymore. Anyway, have a great weekend everyone, and happy shopping!!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Okay, so I will make sure Travis sends you every single Kohl's Friends and Family coupon that we get. I believe we will be getting one more before Christmas. Glad you are putting them to good use. (o:

Roxanne said...

Just remember to give yourself permission to spend more for good quality versus going a cheap route. That was a mistake I made for a long time.

Brandon Checketts said...

Next time you have some books to sell, try BookScouter.com. It will get competitive prices from about 30 similar sites (including Cash4books) to make sure you get the most money.

Unknown said...

I buy 95% of my clothes from Target and Old Navy. Shirts/sweaters, anyway. Target is hit or miss, either they have lots of cute stuff or nothing at all. Everytime I go to the Kohl's near me, it looks like it has been raided by looters and it is very hard to find anything because they jam everything into the smallest space possible and it is always overcrowded.
I only splurge on pants because my butt is so abnormally big that I can only buy certain brands of pants. Sad.