Friday, October 3, 2008

Lack of discipline as a Dog owner

Apparently I am the sucker of the family, and the animals know it. I was not here this morning and Jeff told me that Monty heard the alarm go off, got up, looked at Jeff, and went downstairs. He did NOT do any of the following:

  • 1. Shove his nose in Jeff's face until Jeff opened his eyes
  • 2. Run back and forth from the bed to the stairs and back again
  • 3. Shove his whole head into the bed, tail wagging like a helicopter
  • 4. Sit and stare at Jeff until Jeff couldn't stand it any longer and got up

Monty did NONE of those things. None. Nada. Instead he saw that Jeff was the only person there and went DOWNSTAIRS AND WAITED. Patiently. Let me emphasize that Monty does NOT do that for me. Instead he pokes his head in at me and does not leave me alone until I get up and take him out. So the animals know I am a sucker and are using it to their advantage. Apparently if we ever do have kids I should leave the discipline to Jeff!

7 comments:

Mary said...

It's learned behavior...he has learned if he persists, you'll give in. Time to break the cycle!

Katharine said...

The problem is I can't stand to think that he might desperately have to go to the bathroom and is dependent on my to get outside and do it. Hence I cave because I know I would be miserable if I had to pee and nobody let me... it's a vicious cycle!

Mary said...

Hmmm....but he seemed to be able to wait when Jeff was the only one home. Think about it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, I'm a wuss for my doggies sticking their heads in my face and wagging and whining too... even on weekend mornings. Gotta love them!
~ Tiffany

Dawn said...

Remember that guy named Pavlov and his dogs?

Speaking of kids...chop chop. (o:

Anonymous said...

Yup, Roscoe learned early on that I was the sucker in the family. However, Roscoe generally sucks at letting anyone know he has to go out since his method is to sit and stare, and because he is so short sometimes we don't notice right away and then it is a race to get him out the door before an accident occurs. However, all Mike has to say to him before he does anything bad is "Roscoe..." and Roscoe immediately stops in his tracks, where I have to push him away or remove the tempting item. Alli has also caught on that Mom will let her get away with a lot more than Dad does.

Crankipantz said...

HAHA...i got to sleep in. We boys have to stick together...the same way that Lily never sh*t in your bag.