Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cold House

It's getting cold out. We haven't turned the heat on yet because its not even NOVEMBER! What happened with Fall?? It's crazy that it's this cold! I know its winter though because Jeff and I had our standard argument over Monty. Is he cold, or is he fine? Monty has an array of clothing options, and his fleece jacket is his primary piece of clothing when its cold out. Last night the poor dog was curled into a little ball on his bed as Jeff and I dove under our thick down blankets. Looking at him I decided he was cold. Downstairs I went to get his fleecy jacket where I put it on him. Jeff thinks I'm insane and its not cold enough out for this step. He also mentioned that if we have kids I'll have them bundled up in helmets, pads and other methods of protection like the overzealous, worry wart I am.

BUT this morning.... I was right. It's COLD in here. Not only is Monty still swaddled in his fleecy jacket, but I am as well! And a down blanket here on the sofa. Now if I could only get that heat seeking missile called Princess Lily to come sit on my lap all would be right with the world!

Meanwhile.. Brrrr..... I'm going to shop online for some more down blankets!!!!!!

3 comments:

Crankipantz said...

Got to finish painting that wall...

Mary said...

At least you didn't say that Monty slept with you both in your bed to keep warm. That would REALLY disturb me.

Katharine said...

No dogs in our bed!!! That's the rule.. besides... we sleep on a FULL size mattress. The two of us. There is no room for a 75 pound greyhound!!!!