Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fascination with financial books

I've been slowly trying to get out of debt and the process has been long, long, long. Basically it's just a long time of paying it down and not using credit cards. During the process I've read tons of financial and get out of debt books and I've discovered that there's really only one way to get out. Are you ready? Because I'm saving you a lot of money by telling you the secret.

  • Don't buy what you can't afford.
  • If you have to use a credit card to buy something you probably can't afford it - thus you should not be buying it.
  • To get rid of debt you need to pay more than the minimum, and pay as much as you can towards your debt. Concentrate on one debt, pay it off, than take that money and apply it to the next debt.
  • Oh, and don't break out that credit card to charge again.

That's it. Those are the tips in a nutshell. It's been working for me, so far and I've made some great progress, and I never carry a credit card since I am a credit card companies wild dream come true. I would charge, charge, charge until I had carpal tunnel syndrome. So if you have credit card debt like I do, just follow those steps and you'll get out! You're welcome!

4 comments:

Mr Darcy said...

Quick! Call Suzie Ormon and tell her to cancel that cruise. Her book sales are about to plummet, now that Katharine has given away all her secrets - for free, yet!

Anonymous said...

Yes credit cards ARE mini-devils, OMG and remember those days before ATM cards were even around? you either had to have cash on you (yeah right!) or your checkbook (but then again, you only had so many checks left in your checkbook, right?). Those days were much, much easier on your wallet, for sure!
hey, i got the first response bid on this one so HA! :o))))
Kae, you mentioned elsewhere that you made three separate entries for your novel but I just scrolled back as far as August 29th and can't find them. Can you help????????
I have to know whether Gwendolyn's creepy boss jumped her bones while the two of them got locked in their building overnight. Is it just me out there mildly obsessed with this storyline? lol
Helen

Anonymous said...

Rats, Mr Darcy, quick on the trigger, aren't we???? I sooooo was the first one in the cue when i first started typing my answer, boohoo..... must learn to type faster for next time!!!!
;o)
Helen (again)

Roxanne said...

I read a ton of personal finance blogs. If you're interested in which ones, drop me a line and I'll send you an email with links.