Friday, October 17, 2008

Visit to the Cheesecake Factory Tonight


I'll post pictures a little later but Jeff and I went to the Cheesecake Factory with his father, stepmother and Grandfather to belatedly celebrate his Grandfather's 90th birthday. A good time was had by all and I highly recommend the Bikini Martini which was deelish! But the whole point of the Cheesecake Factory is the dessert. And we're talking every possible option of cheesecake flavor and a whole bunch of other treats that are as big as your head. Jeff and his Grandfather split a piece of carrot cake (one piece is roughly the size of Canada), Jeff's father had a dish of ice cream, I had the Chocolate Tuxedo Cheesecake (which is vanilla cheesecake layered in fudge chocolate and chocolate sauce and crust) and Jeff's Step-Mother had the Low Carb Cheesecake.


Let me say that again, with the option of ANY kind of cheesecake to choose from. And there was Pumpkin cheesecake, Strawberry cheesecake, Chocolate Coconut cheesecake, Snickers Bar cheesecake, Cookie Dough cheesecake - the list just goes on and on. She CHOSE.... Low Carb Cheesecake. That's not a dessert. That's punishment on a platter. Why in the name of God would you pick that??? It came with a teeny tiny bowl of strawberries.. REALLY tiny bowl, like for dolls. And some whipped cream. She also kept trying to tell me how yummy it was and how there was a "Slight nutty aftertaste" on the cracker crust. I told her she was insane.


Why would you get that??? WHY??? Why bother?? Why not just sit there and chew on your napkin instead??? Of ALL the yummy choices that you could make, ANYTHING you could want with cheesecake - you pick the low carb option. I so do not understand this. I will NEVER understand this. I understand about trying to lose weight and all, and I was proud that I only ate half my meal and half my dessert (though the Bikini Martini was gone in seconds) but I was still HAVING dessert. With chocolate in it. Because without the chocolate it's NOT DESSERT!

2 comments:

Crankipantz said...

Carrot cake rocks, but even I can't eat it alone at the Cheesecake Factory.

Anonymous said...

Those low carb things are usually jam packed with fat to make up for it, so unless you are actually following the Atkins diet you are better off getting a piece of the regular cheesecake and either splitting it with someone or eating only half.