Saturday, October 25, 2008

Newest Crock Pot Recipe

Cranberry Chicken!

It actually came out really well, and Jeff is really excited that he has a wife who can cook! But let's face facts people, I can stick food items in a crock pot and then walk away. That's my kind of cooking! Fix it and forget it was completely designed for people like me. Mainly because my problem with cooking is I forget that something is on the boil and walk away. Anything distracts me when I'm cooking. A television show, Facebook, Monty, something shiny.... really anything will have me walking away from boiling food until Jeff finally figures out why the smoke alarm is going off. So the crock pot is the best thing for me since you REALLY get to walk away!

On to the recipe:
Cranberry Chicken
4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 can whole cranberry sauce
2/3 cup chili sauce
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 package dry onion soup mix

Place chicken in Crock-Pot. Combine remaining ingredients and add to Crock-Pot, coating chicken well. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 4 hours. Serves 4 to 6.

We made it with 6 Chicken Breasts and have plenty of leftovers. We made baked potatoes with it and it was YUMMY!!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mary said...

This sounds fabulous! And I actually have a crockpot cookbook entitled "Fix It and Forget It." ;-)

Crankipantz said...

This was delicious...make it again!