Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Recent Phone Call at Work

Working at a Massage Studio means I get some occasional "questionable" clients. Knock on wood, I've never had someone outright ask me for an "extra", though some tread a fine line. Anyway, just had the following conversation with a potential client:
Icky male client calls and asks about business, pricing, hours - all the normal stuff. And next is the question.

Icky Male Client: Let me ask you this, do you need to be draped?

Now, "draped" is a term we use meaning that the client is technically covered during their massage session. Clients are under a sheet and blanket and if I am say, working on their arm, I take the arm out from under the covers, massage it, and put it back under the blanket. While working on the client's arm, the rest of the client's body is "draped", meaning its completely covered. The client is NOT lying there completely nude for the whole world to see. "Draping" is one of the first things you learn in school, how to properly drape and tuck so that the client feels secure and not so that any minute they're going to be exposed.

Me: Yes, we always drape our clients.
Icky Male Client: I don't care for draping.
Me: We always drape our clients
Icky Male Client: Well what if I say I don't like it?
Me: We always drape our clients
Icky Male Client: Oh, well I won't be coming in.
Me: Have a nice day sir, thank you for calling

I don't think I get paid enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my,
This is a typical example when some tips are just NOT WORTH IT!!!!!
U---G---H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helen

Crankipantz said...

Keep drapin' em...even if they don't like it.

Mary said...

You need to have a stand-up comedy act, girl. I am SERIOUS!! You are just one of the funniest people I ever met.