Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lunch




My lunch today consisted of the following:

1 Can Diet Coke

8 Pepperidge Farm Mint Milano Cookies

That's the lovely thing about being an adult. You can eat whatever the heck you want. Remember when you were younger and you would get lectured about "completing the protein" or something like that when you had lunch? No? Okay, that was just my house. But still, remember when you had to follow rules about what went on your plate? Or how much you HAD to eat? Not so anymore! Feel like having chocolate cake for breakfast? Go for it! How about a lunch that consists of a handful of tic tacs and a glass of wine? No problem. I'm telling you, out of all the bad things that come from being an adult, this is the good part that I take full advantage of!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Katherine, That is such a funny post because I just had this conversation with my kids. I took them to McDonalds and they got nuggets, chocolate milk, and shared a fry. I got my own MEAL. They felt very offended that I got a whole meal and they had to share and have milk instead of pop. I told them when they were grown ups they could have whatever they wanted, but until then they were under my command. Being a grown up is so cool!

Crankipantz said...

My favorite "I'm an adult so I can do whatever I want" dinner is a hot fudge sundae with banana ice cream. You know that's what you're having tonight.