Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dog Monty and Puke

I came home from work last night, a LONG day where I worked from 9am until 8pm and I was tired. Very tired. When I have nights like that I tend to come home and pass out on the sofa. Last night was no different. I walked in the front door, said hello to Jeff, went upstairs and changed into a VERY flattering outfit of sweatpants and tank top, and came back downstairs. Falling onto our sofa I looked down. Dog puke. On our carpet. In fact, there were THREE stains of dog puke on our carpet that I had previoulsy not noticed. Lovely. Now, the carpet in our living room is very small. The rest of the floor is wood, and the only reason that we have a carpet at all is because our wood floor is so badly patched that the only thing we can do is cover it. So the carpet is small, and the rest of the downstairs is either wood or tile. But it never fails that when Monty decides to throw up SOMETHING, its on the carpet. Why is this?? It's SO much harder for me to clean up the carpet than it is the wood or tile? Why carpet? What IS it about carpet that shines as a bright beacon for dog vomit?? ARGH! I love Monty to death, love him, he's a goofy, clumsy, loveable BEAST of a dog, but WHY oh WHY does he have to ruin our carpet?? In the three years we've been in this house we've had three different carpets solely because of Monty. Sigh. I guess this is the price we pay for being pet owners!

5 comments:

Crankipantz said...

Mmmmm...dog vomit. If you at some point want to buy our house, disregard that part Katharine wrote about the shitty floors.

Anonymous said...

Oh, dog. Only a dog could find the one place in the house you can't clean easily to have an accident in or throw up on. Special. This is why we have not put one square of carpet down (and our floors certainly show their age). Petzyme is your friend!

Mary said...

So how can it be that YOU noticed the dog vomit (THREE PUDDLES of it??) and not Jeff, who was home before you?

Oh wait...male vision, right? LOL! :-)

Crankipantz said...

Haha...thanks Mary...thanks for pointing that out. Normally, it's Katharine that steps over it and "doesn't see it". This might actually be the first time that I didn't see it when I got home first. Allow me to gross everyone out and tell you that in this particular case, it had DRIED on the rug and without natural light, was not as noticeable. Gross, huh?

Mary said...

Oh my...well, thank you for that visual, Jeff.

LOL