Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Means of Entertaining Myself

A former roommate and I used to entertain ourselves by watching QVC and HSN. We'd drink lots and lots of wine and turn on the television and just about DIE laughing as we made up our own little story/banter/etc... for what callers really SHOULD say about the product on hand. The creepiest show we watched and loved? Any segment that included dolls. You know, those porcelain collector dolls that cost like $50 and up? Those dolls creep me out. I had a friend WAY back when who had a doll in her room that was a lamp. That doll scared the crap out of me - it had those eyes that seemed to move and follow you across the room. I swear I would sleep over and be too spooked to sleep for fear the doll would suddenly come to life. The doll looked a little like this one:


Except picture this doll with a lampshade sticking out of her head. Creepy, right?

Back to my roommate and I. On a few occasions we would be sooo, what's the word I'm looking for? Happy. We'd be sooo happy that we would attempt to CALL the number online and try and convince the operator to put us through to the show host. It never worked. I don't even know what we would SAY to the host, and I don't think it mattered. It was the IDEA of getting on the air, drunk, to say something silly about a creepy doll up for sale that would send us over the edge into hysterical laughter. And there you have it - more proof that I can entertain myself over absolutely nothing!

No comments: