Tuesday, June 29, 2010

American Express Card

Dear American Express,
Thank you SO much for sending me a new card in the mail. I am guessing this is your subtle way of telling me that I should GO SHOPPING!

And American Express, you have NO IDEA how much I would dearly love to obey your hint. There are SOOOOOO many things that I want to buy that I've been looking at for quite awhile. There's a new stroller for Nathan, clothing, shoes, maybe a few pieces of jewelry, books, and even some home improvement things like a new front door and new screen door. Really, my list of wants just goes on and on and on.

Unfortunately, and it pains me to say this, I cannot give in to the incredibly temptation to just le loose on the the biggest shopping spree known to man. See, I'm trying to do this wonderful thing called "living within my means". I know, it sounds insane. Truly insane. And I realize how crazy I sound by even attempting to do such a thing. But as an adult, a parent and wife. I find that I need to think of things beyond the immediate gratification of the here and now. I've got responsibilities.

Sadly, this is the end American Express. But don't be sad, we've had a lot of good times, right? Together we've purchased outfit after outfits, we've loaded our cart with make-up and books. We even once purchased $300 black sling back shoes on a WHIM! Ahhhh... good times American Express, good times. I'm getting a little tear just thinking about it and find that saying goodbye is very difficult. But goodbye it is.

Thanks for the memories American Express!

No comments: