Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bait and Switch

There is not a lot of snuggle time at Chez Weiner. Okay, there IS some snuggle time. But it's usually Nathan and myself. Nathan is a definite cuddler and I LOVE it! He'll turn around and put his head on my shoulder and his little hands rested on me and okay, SOMETIMES he opens his mouth and just COMES AT ME and I say "Cannibal baby - don't eat me" and he laughs and laughs and I am dying laughing as well because really he has no idea what I'm saying... but I'm getting off the point. I never used to like to snuggle. Ever. I remember a previous relationship where in the middle of the night my boyfriend at the time tried to cuddle with me and I PUNCHED HIM IN MY SLEEP!!! He was NOT happy and immediately woke me up to tell me how awful that was. I told him that I loathe people touching me when I'm trying to sleep, and that remained true for years. I even banned my precious cat Princess Lily from my bed at night because she would make me INSANE when she tried to sleep next to say.... my head. Awful. This dislike of cuddling continued until I got married. Something about "married" flipped a switch in my head and now I LOVE to cuddle. I don't think I need to mention that Jeff HATES cuddling, right?? Hates it. Hates it, hates it. So I bargain for my cuddle time. I'll do something nice like.. let him play video games for an hour while I attend to Nathan so I can get cuddle time. Or we time it. Like, cuddle time is 5 minutes. And you better believe Jeff is marking off that time in his head. You can almost SEE him counting silently, 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi until he is free. Maybe it's because Jeff is so... cuddly!!! I swear he is the BEST for cuddle time and I love it, love it, love it!!!

Of course I have a feeling that when Nathan can start to fight back, my cuddle time with him will be over... I can picture him now with a disgusted look on his face "Mom, please... leave me alone". Sigh...

Oh, and Jeff says that I used the old bait and switch on him with the cuddling thing.. hence the name of this post!

1 comment:

Mary said...

You realize, of course, when Nathan is 18 and googles "Nathan" and a few choice words, he will find these posts about cuddling and cuteness??