Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dislike for Children's Music

I am not a big fan of children's music. In preparation of Nathan being born, Jeff downloaded songs that were lullabies done to popular songs. There is a LULLABY version of "Stairway to Heaven" that he actually PAID MONEY FOR. Ugh. I hate all of those songs. We do, however, like to play some children's music for Nathan when we're playing with him, or while we're giving him lunch. It's also HYSTERICAL to see him kind of bop along to the music and I need to remember to take a video of him doing this because it cracks me up just thinking about it.
Where was I? Yes - Children's music. Jeff and I are trying to find different children's songs since we're pretty tired of "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "She's Coming Round the Mountain". What did we find?? Well Barenaked Ladies have a while children's CD and one of my favorite songs of theirs is this:




Hysterical! It cracks me up every time we listen to it, and now we're on the hunt for more music and CD's that have music that's kind of adult friendly as well. Please feel free to send in suggestions, and no, I am not interested in Raffi!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

They Might Be Giants have done children's albums.