Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sick Day

What is it about me that has an inability to sit around and do nothing when I'm sick?? I've been cranky and tired and just plain achy these last few days and in an effort to be nice Jeff took Nathan to a brunch with his family - leaving me with the house to myself. Well I slept till about 9:30am (BLISS!!!) and took a shower and then...

I vacuumed the kitchen and living room
Pulled up our throw rug and vacuumed underneath it and put down a rug pad
Cursed at rug pad because it was too small but wound up using it regardless
Mopped kitchen floor
Took out trash
Ran laundry

And I also really, really miss my baby. See, Jeff took Nathan with him. Since birth, I do not recall being in the house without Nathan. Jeff has gone out a few times for karaoke and I've stayed home with Nathan, and I've gone out a few times without Nathan (okay, I think I've been out once without him), but for the most part I've had Nathan with me. He may be in the other room sleeping, but he's been with me. And I miss my baby. I really, really miss my baby. As a result I'm sitting here and staring at the clock and wondering just when Jeff and Nathan will get home so I can hold my baby boy. I can't rest, I can't relax, I just want my baby back.

My question is, is this normal?? I'm serious people, is this normal?? It's not like Nathan is with a stranger, and I'm not worried about Nathan. I just WANT HIM BACK. Someone please tell me I haven't gone insane, and feel free to lie to me if I have!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Travis and RARELY go out on dates without the kids and when we do...all we talk about is the kids. Plus, every time Travis takes the kids out for me to 'relax', I clean. You are normal.

Mary said...

And you were the one who worried about whether or not you'd be a good mother! I hope you realize that you ARE, and your fears were groundless. :-)

Unknown said...

If you ever find yourself bored at home on a day that Jeff takes Nathan out, please feel free to come to my house. I have some cleaning you can do to keep from getting bored! :)

Don't ask me about the other thing though, because although I love spending time with Alli very much, I also love it when I/we are given a break as well. As long as she's with someone I trust and I know she'll be well taken care of I don't worry unless I get a phone call.