Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Need to Establish a Work Out Routine

So I need to get back into the habit of working out. Even if its only like 30 minutes daily, I need to do it. I always FEEL better when I'm exercising regularly (even if I loathe actually DOING it), and I have a feeling it will be the only thing that helps me shed some more baby weight. It's just that I am sooooo tired. I know I should work out in the morning, but here's what my day looks like now:

5:30am - wake up and take shower
5:50am - in bathrobe I make about 5 bottles for Nathan and put them in the fridge so they are ready for Jeff to take to daycare
6:00am - get Nathan up, changed, and fed while Jeff showers.
6:15am - 6:45am - make-up, dress, blow dry hair, grab lunch and out the door usually between 6:30am and 6:45am (I need to be at work by 7:30am)
7:30am - 5pm - work
5:30pm - 6pm - pick up Nathan from daycare
6pm - 7pm - get Nathan fed, bathed, and into jammies so he's ready for bed (though we don't give him a bath every night. I mean, he's 3 months old.. he doesn't really get dirty.)
7pm - 7:45pm - help Nathan go to sleep. My routine consists of lots of cuddles, swaddling, and a pacifier. I keep the lights low, the white noise machine on, and I lie next to him and keep putting the pacifier back in his mouth until he's sound asleep.
8pm - some sort of dinner
8:30pm - 11pm - I do a wide range of things. Sometimes I take Monty for a nice long walk, I work on my laptop, read a book, watch a show.. and get in bed ready to do it all again the next day.

No real time to work out. I COULD get up at 5am and do it, but I really don't want to. I am sooo over-ambitious when I SET the alarm the night before, but I haven't worked out in the morning yet. Help me out people, any suggestions???

2 comments:

Hope said...

Can you do something during your lunch break? Even taking a half hour walk would be better than nothing.

Mary said...

Well, you'll get no persuasive arguments from me for working out in the morning since I am SO not a morning person. People say, "Oh it gives you energy to exercise in the morning!" No, it doesn't. It makes me tired and I want to go back to bed! Walking Monty is exercise. I agree with Hopers, can you squeeze in a walk at lunch, even a couple of days a week?