Friday, July 3, 2009

Adorable baby

All I do now is stare at Nathan. I mean I stare at him and cannot believe he is here, that he's MY baby. It's absolutely the most amazing thing, and I'm almost in disbelief that he's arrived. He's just so cute and adorable and I can't help but stare at him like the hypnotized zombie that I am.

In light of the fact that I'm completely and utterly boring because I have no thought in my skull other than "How cute is Nathan"? and Jeff and I play the "Look at how cute he is sleeping" game all day long, here are some more pictures!
This is Nathan in his nursery with me.... and his eyes are OPEN! Right now his eyes are blue and we're wondering if they're going to change color and be more like Jeff's... time will tell I suppose!



Yes people, we took Nathan to Target and words cannot describe how anxious we were the entire time. I had my hand on the car seat the WHOLE TIME, and we planned the outing around his feeding schedule. I had a diaper bag stocked with enough crap to supply a third world nation, and I am sure I blocked aisles as everytime he made ANY noise I stopped dead in my tracks to lean over and coo at him. Still, I managed to spend about $80 on diapers, soap, some Newborn outfits, dog biscuits, and other assorted items that my tired brain can no longer process!

And look at how tiny he is in his car seat. There are no words for how cute this is! And no words for how slowly Jeff drives now that he has a baby in the car. Oh, and I sit in the back seat next to Nathan all the better to indulge my paranoia that he might stop breathing, or need me, or make any sort of noise.....


Last, Jeff and Nathan. I have to say, Jeff has been WONDERFUL as a father. He is devoted and attentive and as equally inclined to obsess over our tiny baby. AND Jeff actually got up and killed a GIGANTIC spider this morning, and he'd only had a few hours of sleep. I'm telling you, he's a keeper!

No comments: