Sunday, July 12, 2009

Book Reading to Nathan

I've already started reading to Nathan. I read somewhere that newborns actually enjoy the sound of rhymes, and that they can recognize voices. Nathan might not understand what I'm reading to him, but I'm doing it all the same. I want him to love to read like his mommy does! Now, I COULD read him whatever I'm reading - because basically he has no idea what I'm saying. But that seems wrong. I don't like the idea of reading such grown up material to my baby (though that hasn't stopped Jeff from reading graphic novels to him with titles such as "Captain America is Dead"). I'm more into the children's books, and I've already started a collection of books. Just yesterday I read "Llama Llama Mad at Mama", "Bats in the Library", and "Froggy Bakes a Cake" to him, and I swear he was listening to me. Want proof?


See, how cute is Nathan?? And here's another picture of Jeff and Nathan that I took because it was just too adorable for words, take a look:


And to everyone who volunteered baby sitting services - I'm totally holding you to it!!! And you wrote it on my BLOG so it's in WRITING! I may be getting a date night out after all!! SCORE!

No comments: