Monday, July 13, 2009

Object of Lust

I want these shoes.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7542401/c/197569.html

Can you see the link? They are Cole Haan Carma Air Mary Jane Wedges, and I want them in Gunmetal Croc, size 9. They have "concealed Nike Air technology" for extra cushioning, and I seriously love them. Look how comfy they appear!!! And the gunmetal color is GORGEOUS! God I want them. But let's take another look. The price is $300. That's right, $300. I just can't. Cannot justify those shoes. Not when we have diapers and daycare and wipes and oh.. CREDIT CARD bills to pay off. It's shoes like this that helped me GET my lovely credit card debt in the first place and are why I do not carry credit cards anymore. I have no impulse control so if I can't afford to pay cash, I don't get it. And so sadly, these shoes will not be on my feet anytime soon.

Maybe Payless has something comparable???

3 comments:

Karen said...

http://www.zappos.com/product/7573658/color/72

these are way better,,,,,,,

Katharine said...

Ohhh... those are SCRUMPTIOUS Karen!!!! And cheaper too.. hmmmmmm.......

Mr Darcy said...

Color me confused.
The $300 pair looked reasonable albeit hopelessly overpriced. The $140 pair looked outrageous - unless that's what they pay you to wear them.

Sadly, this is telling me that I'm officially an old fuddy-duddy who can't even keep up the pretense of understanding fashions. And Katharine will assure you that I dress accordingly.