Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Beautiful Baby Boy

Nathan arrived this past Friday, June 26th at 5:01am and it only took about 24 hours of labor for him to make his debut! And now that I've experienced labor, I take my hat off to every woman who as gone natural. There is NO WAY IN HELL I could do that. It was awful, awful, awful, awful. It was bad enough that the epidural wore off during the whole "push" part, but at least that part only lasted about an hour. It could definitely have been worse. One of the nurses in the L&D apparently pulled Jeff aside to tell him that I could be pushing "for hours" but that they shouldn't inform me of this little fact!!



Oh, and tidbit from me to you. Be nice to the housekeeping staff when you're at the hospital. You have no idea what you're going to get! When I was checking out the very nice woman who took the trash out of my room gave me the following:


  • About 50 diapers


  • 3 tubes of vaseline


  • 20 assorted packets of alcohol


  • 3 blankets for Nathan


  • Pads, pads and more pads in assorted thicknesses and sizes


  • Mesh panties

Now, I know this list isn't very exciting, but it was VERY MUCH appreciated by myself. I practically filled a bag with all the stuff she gave me and I am still thankful for it today!

We're all home now and getting used to just what Nathan is trying to tell us. What does his cries mean, his moods. And even though he does nothing but sleep or eat, I am utterly and completely besotted with him. I stare at him all the time just amazed that he is here. It's kind of crazy just how nuts I am over this baby, it's been only 4 days and I am in love.

Anyway, here are a few pictures and I'll have more later I'm sure!


5 comments:

Mary said...

OMG, he is CUTE AS A BUTTON!!! Congratulations to you and Jeff! And brava for a job well done. ;-)

Hope said...

So many congrats to you! He's just beautiful!

Dawn said...

He is truly a very pretty baby. Isn't it amazing how big your heart can grow when you have a baby...and then you feel like your heart is overflowing? It's the best!

You guys are going to be great parents. Savor every moment and take lots of pictures cause they don't stay small for long. (and post those pictures!)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Nathan!!! Yay! We are so happy for you guys.

Roxanne said...

As soon as you guys are ready for visitors, please let us know because we can't wait to meet him!