Sunday, January 18, 2009

High level of frustration

So get ready for a big ol' whine from the Weiner household.

Does everyone else feel like the list of never ending repairs on their home just goes on and on? It's like the sorcerer's apprentice over here. And since Jeff is pissed right now as well I've got nobody to talk me out of this funk so I'm going to list all the things wrong with my house right now.

1. The faucet in the bathroom sink is leaking. Which probably means we need a new sink since apparently our plumbing sucks and hasn't been updated since the 1950's.
2. The overhang over our front door is not large enough to actually give us shelter so as we struggle to get our key in the front door we are still soaked by rain/melting icicles and more.
3. Our front door is sticky, and our screen door has to be kicked open.
4. We still have a hole in our bathroom floor, and a hole in our shower since the entire bathroom needs to be re tiled.
5. Paint. Our walls need to be painted - badly.
6. Our driveway blows big chunks. It's a single car driveway and that means that on snowy horrible nights we need to play "switch the car" depending on who is going out in the morning first and who is home first at the end of the night. I hate it.
7. Our washer and dryer are in the basement of the house - and by basement I mean you have to go outside, walk to the backyard, open the basement and go in. It's not as much fun as it sounds and means that doing laundry in snowstorms is next to impossible.


I know there's more - and I normally am appreciative of our little house and how we aren't in an apartment and we're on a private road with nice neighbors but right now I'm cold and cranky and feeling downright sorry for myself so you're all getting a big ol rant. I am also tired of people telling me how they are working on upgrading their homes and getting wonderful new rooms and all new wood floors and all this other stuff. I am sooooo jealous. Be glad you can't hear me people because my voice is high enough that only whales' can hear it. I'm just tired of feeling like we live in a big ol money pit.

I'll try and be back later with a more cheery post but since its rainy and nasty out, you're all getting the gloom and doom post! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Hope said...

The third floor of our house is currently a construction zone. I feel your pain!

And let me know if you want some help painting. :)

Crankipantz said...

We totally want some help painting! At the very least, we need to paint the baby's room. But not until we know what it is!

Crankipantz said...

Where's that cheery and happy post that you promised later??