Sunday, January 11, 2009

Adventures at the Dollar Store

We all know that in this economy that saving money and cutting back is a good thing. And we've all heard of my adventures at the Dollar Store getting various items and seeing how the work. So far the winners of my Dollar Store adventures are as follows:
Hand Soap by Soft Soap - $2.00
Deodorant by Suave - $1.75
Toothpaste by Crest - $2.00
Ice Melt by Roadrunner brand - $4.00
New cat bed for Lily - $5.00

The items that did NOT work, meaning either Jeff or I found them unsatisfactory are:
Zest Soap - didn't lather well and Jeff said it made the bathtub really slippery
Charmin Regular toilet paper - Jeff hates it and equates it to sandpaper
Suave Conditioner - I found it to be too watery and thin, although I used BOTH bottles until empty


I know you are ALL so fascinated by my list of items that did or did not work, but I am continuing to explore this store that apparently stocks everything from hair ties to pictures. I will most likely NOT be buying the food there since I am not 100% certain that the food products are not a little past their expiration date. Gotta draw a line somewhere!!

No comments: