Saturday, December 13, 2008

Trip to Wrentham

I went to the Wrentham Premium Village Outlets with my friend Jen and we had quite a nice time. I ventured into a maternity store and Jen actually found me a super cute black maternity dress that I plan on wearing tonight and I could also wear to work. I also got a pair of very comfortable black flats from Easy Spirit and two gifts. Something for my father and something for Jeff. I did have a couple of interesting experiences. At the maternity store I went up to pay for my dress and the woman asked for my phone number and zip code, fairly standard at some stores. Next she had my verify my address, which I thought was odd, but whatever. Next thing I know she is telling me I was APPROVED for some sort of maternity credit card. WHAT??? I didn't ASK to have her run a credit check on me, and I thought that I needed to agree to that? Not just wander into a store and have them running a pre-approval system without my knowledge. Is this legal??? I was PISSED. Is it me??? Is this normal and it's just been so long since I've been shopping that I have no idea anymore??


Second thing was Jen and I went into Zales to look around. Why not? We're girls, we love sparkly things... So in we went. And I saw this GORGEOUS, I mean seriously drop dead gorgeuos ring made with diamonds and BLUE DIAMONDS!! I didn't even know blue diamonds existed and the ring was to die for. Just to die for. Of COURSE I ask to see it because I enjoy taunting myself with expensive items that I can't afford... and the ring won't even fit on my baby bloated fingers, so Jen tries it on and OMG it was so beautiful. I scoured the Zales site looking for it and no dice. Here's something kind of similar:

Except instead of the gold band and diamond, it was encrusted with a row of sparkly and beautiful blue diamonds! It was seriously stunning and I was practically drooling with lust! Price? Well the *original* price was something like $2200. But of course the sales lady came over with her little calculator and chunka, chunka, chunka, it was now half off for $1100 and change. She next suggested we open a Zales credit card that is no interest for 12 months and then that gorgeous piece of bling would be all MINE!!!! <> Except... well.... no. I did think about it for like.. a second. I wanted that ring BADLY. But common sense prevailed and I left it behind. Sure I may have shed a tear when I left it behind in the glass case, but I did it. Sigh.... the price of being an adult I suppose.
Anyway, if anyone would perhaps like to know the perfect gift for me for Christmas I just so HAPPEN to have the item number and the sales lady business card. You know... JUST IN CASE! :-)

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

The credit card thing sounds fishy. Email the consumerist.com and see what they say (if only so I can see a friend's story on the site :-).

Dawn said...

When are you due?