Friday, December 12, 2008

thoughts on parenthood

I don't really comment on parenthood or child rearing ideas because.. I'm not a parent. It's hard for me to judge because I haven't been in that situation. But since I'm pregnant now, I thought I could throw my two cents into the ring.

I just read this on MSNBC:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28112285/

A 70 year old woman in India gave birth to a baby girl thanks to IVF. Does anyone else think this is crazy?? At 34 I am worried about having the energy to deal with a newborn, I can't imaging being 70 and trying it. It just seems insanity to try something like this. Am I alone in this view? Should I just get over the whole age thing and just be happy that she and her husband have the baby they wanted?? I just can't get over the age thing though... odds are not good they will live long enough to see their child grow up and I'm wondering if they have a plan in place for that.. I don't know. Maybe I'm just over thinking the whole thing.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

I'm with you. I'm already frightened over my age and if/when I'll ever get pregnant and I'm not quite 70 yet ;-).