Friday, October 2, 2009

Family

Well Nathan still has the sniffles so Jeff stayed home with him yesterday and I'm home with him today. Poor baby is all sniffly and congested, not as bad as he was a couple of days ago, but not good either. He's been sleeping a little more during the day, but we've been watching him to make sure he's still eating well and interesting in what's going on around him. Last night he slept all bundled up in his fleecy sleeper from about 7:30pm - 4am and around 10pm Jeff and I were getting ready for bed ourselves. Jeff was teasing me about my day off and what I would be doing and I told him it wasn't REALLY a day off. At least not a day off like I used to have. My day instead revolves around Nathan and keeping him happy and well fed and dry and entertained. Not like before him where I would perhaps lounge around and paint my nails and maybe watch a movie curled up on the sofa. For now, those days are gone. It's weird to contemplate in a way.

But then this morning I was reminded that though those days are gone bye bye, we have different days ahead. See, 4am Nathan was fed and changed but was coughing too much in his co-sleeper to sleep comfortably. So we did what we have only done once before. We brought him into bed with us where I propped him up next to me so my arm cradled him. Snug as bugs in a rug. And wouldn't you know he settled right down. No coughing, no fussing, just looked around at us and feel deep asleep. Although I should add that babies move a LOT when they sleep and I got whacked in the face and throat more than once over the next few hours, but still I can't complain!

No comments: