Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pretend Shopping at Macy's.Com

One of my favorite things to do is "pretend shop". That's when I go to a site such as Macy's and fill the cart with all sorts of goodies just to see how much everything would cost. Last night I pretend shopped for various "wants/needs" like black flats, black pants, a dress, and two tops from Macy's. Grand total was just under $500. Not bad, right?? The store is having this huge online Columbus Day sale and once again I am grateful (well, kind of grateful) that I don't use credit cards because the temptation to buy all these items is really.... really GREAT. I want them NOW. And I've already semi-justified everything because they are practical and I am still too fat for my pre-pregnancy clothes. BUT.... I've held off. I haven't gone scrambling through credit card receipts to find my Amex card number... I haven't tried to tell Jeff that we should raid our daycare fund so I can get clothes... instead I have moved on.

This whole getting out of debt thing is HARD!

So I'm going back to one of my ideas, which is no take out. I've decided that I will not get take out from today until Friday. That's 7 days. I can do this. 7 days with no take out.... Even if it means I'm eating cereal for dinner every night, there will be no take out. I've failed at this task previously, so I'm really hoping I can follow through now. And who knows, maybe by Christmas time I'll have a spare $500 to go shopping!

1 comment:

Bowman Family said...

I do the no eating out also. I make Friday night our night out. I call it Family night. Though it means that I am tired and do not feel like cooking.