Thursday, October 22, 2009

Size

I am a size 16. Check that, I am a WOMAN'S size 16. That means that I can't wear a size 16 pants unless I am in the WOMAN'S department. Now there is nothing wrong with being a size 16, nothing at all. But I'm not exactly thrilled to be here. So I'm going to be starting a work out routine. I won't join a gym because I don't know when I'd actually GO to the gym... so it's time to break out the exercise DVD's. And I have a LOT of exercise DVD's. I get suckered into buying them in a fit of good intentions.. work out for a week and then something happens and months go by while they collect dust. I read somewhere that it takes 21 days for something to become a habit so my new challenge is starting tomorrow to do ONE exercise DVD. Even if it's only for 15 minutes.. I have to do it. It's going to be hard because... well, I'm lazy. And right now I have the world's best excuse for lazy. I'm exhausted and have a 4 month old baby at home. My "down time" is precious. But since I don't have an infinite supply of money, and most of my clothing is NOT a size 16, I need to lose some weight. So looking forward to dusting off my DVD's and if I'm so inclined maybe I'll even post a little review of them so you can all see if the routine is actually doing something.

Wish me luck, I don't do well with "Challenges" (in case you didn't notice from the failed "no take out" attempts I've made), so I need lots of good wishes sent my way!

1 comment:

Karen said...

good luck! I HATE exercising too, i am so lucky that i walk to work and get movement that way, plus living in the city and not owning a car helps so much. 15 minutes a day is nothing! you can do it!