Sunday, October 11, 2009

Rough Mommy/Wife Night

Oh it's been a rough, rough Mommy/Wife weekend. Jeff had to work most of the weekend and I was home all day with Nathan. Now, I don't MIND being home all day with Nathan, but Nathan is still sick. So he's not sleeping well. And by not sleeping well I mean getting up about every 4 hours and having a very difficult time going to bed. Lots of crying means lots of running upstairs for snuggles and kisses to calm him down before I put him back in bed and then have to repeat the process again and again. He wakes up SOOOOO upset and screams his little head off. I know part of it is he is overly tired from not sleeping well, he's all stuffy and sick, and he just wants comfort. But oh my oh my is it exhausting. Exhausting!!!!

I also felt so bad that I'm not entertaining him enough - that I don't keep him as occupied as they do at daycare, so I tried really hard to do things like singing and playing with toys and I even tossed in some "tummy time". One thing we did he REALLY liked was he pretended to stand. I held him under his arms and let his feet rest on me as he pretended to "stand". He LOVED that and just laughed and laughed. That was definitely fun, but oofah he was soooo cranky for most of the time. Jeff would come home from an exhausting day at work and I'd be passed out on the sofa with Nathan on the bouncy seat in front of me.

I wish I had something funny to add but oh my it was a hard weekend. Jeff wanted to go grocery shopping today and I just couldn't. I was too tired. Instead we came home and took turns with Nathan until he finally passed out around 8pm. And may I add that Jeff wasn't far behind.. he's sleeping next to me on the sofa right now as I type this! Here's hoping that this up-coming week is better!

1 comment:

Crankipantz said...

Was I asleep? I have no recollection of last night. None at all. Grocery shopping tonight for the win!