Sunday, August 30, 2009

Need for New Books to Read

So I have pretty eclectic taste when it comes to book. I read everything from classic literature to poetry to fantasy to biography to trash. Right now though I've been reading mostly baby and toddler books. Things like "Baby 411" and books on sleep habits and the such. Also, most of my favorite authors are working on their books and as such I don't have a whole lot new to read. Sometimes I go through the Amazon "if you liked this.. than you'll like this" recommendation list and buy them super cheap and used on the Marketplace, but nothing is really floating my book so to speak. Right now Amazon is recommending a lot of children's books (but I want books for ME not for Nathan's library), they are recommending parenting books (I already have quite a few and would like something a little more "fun"), or they are recommending some truly horrible and poorly written trashy books.

I need help.

Please feel free to let me know what you guys are reading. Favorite authors, titles.. help me out people and give me something new to read!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

I recommend anything by John Irving or Pat Conroy.

Karen said...

do you like mystery?I really like Michael conolly books. Oh , if you like sort of sci fi, great book, easy ready i can recomend Enders Game by orson scott card. The others are blah but enders game is great.

Other random fantasy books i loved were Across THe nightengale floor by lian hern. It is four books total, sort of magic old time japanese sword fighting with romance... i really liked it for easy read.