Monday, May 11, 2009

Pregnancy Tip 129

Stretch Marks: A shiny line on the skin of the abdomen, breasts, thighs, or buttocks that is often lighter than the surrounding skin and is caused by the stretching and weakening of elastic tissues as a result of pregnancy or obesity, for example.

Get used to the idea ladies, I'm at 33 weeks right now and I've started to notice lovely red stretch marks. I have one on each hip right now. And I've been slathering my body with enough oil, lotions and potions to grease a million turkeys. It's made not one iota of a difference. If I find a product that actually works - I'll keep you posted. But right now I've used cocoa butter, specially made "butters" for pregnancy, and even Suave lotions and nothing has helped. Stretch marks are apparently natures' way of saying "Gotcha"!!! So save that money for something that WILL help - a tummy tuck.

No comments: