Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Being a Bitch

So one of my co-workers today said she needed me to "play the bitch" at work because she couldn't. And you know, I've never thought of myself as being a bitch, at work or otherwise. I mean, I certainly have my bad days and the such, but bitch? Not really. I think she just liked the way I dealt with another person in the office, which was basically by pretending that she didn't exist. Don't get me wrong, I answered her if she had questions or if she needed to talk, but if she was talking AT me I concentrated on my job and ignored her. Easy to do when you have a phone ringing off the hook and people standing in front of you waiting for attention.
Now I've been told I can get "bitch-like" before. I had an ex-boyfriend tell me that I had a "fuck you" face that kept people, or other men, at a distance. Kind of a "don't bother talking to me because I am so not interested in any way, shape or form" thing. I don't see that either, but apparently its true.
Fellow readers of mine, what do you think? Have you see "the look" or experienced my bitchy side?? Just curious if I am not the nice as apple pie person I always thought I was!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Au contraire -- I see no bitchiness about you whatsoever! Just biting wit and sarcasm, which I love. :-)