Monday, March 9, 2009

Weight


Tonight on the phone, my father aka Mr. Sensitive, told me that my high pregnancy weight (a weight that is so high I refuse to put the number out in the world but suffice to say I have NEVER weighed this much) is.... are you ready?


"The MOST he's weighed in his ENTIRE LIFE"!!!!!


My father, is six feet two inches.. and my high pregnancy weight is equivalent to his Michelin man weight. Lovely. Isn't that just lovely??? And how nice of him to share this with his emotionally sensitive daughter. I hope he knows that the last laugh WILL be mine and that I'm starting to research his nursing home right now... it's going to be a DOOZY!

3 comments:

Crankipantz said...

Whatever...you're doing just fine. And I'm far from sensitive so I'd surely make the wrong comment if you weren't doing just fine.

Mr Darcy said...

Mr Darcy sympathizes with you. How terrible to deal with such insensitive clods.

And you are quite right to suppress the unfeeling mention of the actual number. My only surprise is that Mr Michelin Man didn't point out that the weight in question was a one digit prime times a two digit prime, and that the digits of the latter prime differed by only 1. Saying that publicly is just the sort of crass thing that he would be all too likely to do.

Mary said...

Well, it's not like you've gained the weight from pounding down cheesecakes or something! You're growing a human being. You are SUPPOSED to gain weight. And you'll lose it after the baby is born. Don't worry.