Wednesday, September 1, 2010

BIRTHDAY!

It's my birthday, it's my birthday, it's my birthday! As a special "Happy Birthday Mama", Nathan slept till 7:30am. Since Nathan has been toying with switching his morning time to the ungodly 5:30am, sleeping till 7:30am is like a dream! I also did a little bit of shopping with my mother last night - she treated me to new sneakers that cost an arm and a leg from Ecco at the mall, and of course a little outfit for Nathan from Baby Gap. Because really, no shopping trip is complete until Nathan has gotten something as well.

Since Jeff and I moved this past Friday we've been unpacking pretty slowly. It's so hard to unpack with Nathan crawling around. He's like a barnacle and if I leave the room or, heaven forbid, use the baby gate to keep him in his new playroom - tears and screams and runny noses abound. So it's one box at a time, and also trips to Target for things like garbage bags and toothbrushes and tons crap that we somehow desperately NEED! Of course we still need to sell our old house so weekends are going to be mostly Jeff doing painting, weeding, and a whole bunch of other chores to make our former home prettier. Fingers crossed!!

Back to my birthday - a new house has been a pretty wonderful present and I'm excited to make this place more a home for us. I'll try and take pictures this weekend and post them!

No comments: