Friday, September 3, 2010

Path to Happiness

So I was reading on Woman's Day magazine site that starting a collection can be a way to celebrate happiness. It talks about how one woman spends about $20 each time she goes to flea markets or craft fairs getting snow globes - something she collects. She loves the hunt, and getting new globes. I used to collect anything and everything shark. It got a little out of control and I didn't LOVE the pieces I got. Right now I have one ceramic shark wall hanging, and a huge stuffed shark that Nathan has taken over. So no collections right now. I was thinking though, that this is an idea I might be able to get on board with. I'm still in a mess of unpacking boxes and trying to find things for the house, but there is ONE THING I am very excited about. Holidays. I love, love, love holidays. Growing up my family wasn't really into holidays - we have a small family and we never really OUT THERE on holidays. But I LOVE holidays. I want decorations, I want glitter, I want gaudy and tacky blow up ornaments for outside the house. Do I need to add that my husband and father are HORRIFIED by the ideas that I have? But why would they be? What's wrong with this?



People, it's WITCHES AROUND A CAULDRON! They are BLOW UP WITCHES! And they are ANIMATED! I mean... ANIMATED PEOPLE! Never mind that as an English major these witches can be traced back to Macbeth:

Double, double toil and trouble

Fire burn, and cauldron bubble

What could be bad about this on our front lawn? And maybe some light up pumpkins? A few solar skulls?? Jeff thinks our neighbors will hate us, but I love the idea of really decorating the lawn. How fun would this be for Nathan?? Don't even talk to me about what I want to do for Christmas.. that's a whole other can of worms! But lawn decorations for holidays definitely make me happy - so let's see what's in the budget for this year!

No comments: