Sunday, September 5, 2010

Struggle

Why oh why is it SO HARD not to give in to temptation? I mean, I KNOW that opening a credit card is a no. I KNOW that if I have a credit card, ANY CREDIT CARD, in my hot little hands that it's a recipe for disaster. Yet I STILL find myself tempted. Tempted to get a credit card. Let me explain. I was in Macy's with my mother last week and I was SORELY tempted to open a Macy's card. I was saying in my head "I need new bedding. I need some new clothes. I need some new towels. I need, I need, I need". And the list just went on and on. I had it all justified in my head on to whyI NEEDED THIS MACY'S CARD! But I didn't do it. Didn't open a new card. I soooo wanted to. I mean.. right now our bedroom is like a maroon color and with our new Queen sized mattress and our sheets are.... turqoise. Cheap sheets from Target I grabbed on sale right after we got the new mattress. It clashes. And I dream fondly of expensive and soft linens. Deep colors and bright patterns and textures. But it's not in the budget right now. And sadly, I know deep in my heart, that getting a credit card will only mean that I go completely and utterly CRAZY in Macy's. First it would be linens. Next would be some new clothes for me. And then... be still my heart.. we would go to shoes. If I'm feeling REALLY FRISKY I would look for a new diaper bag. And then, it would be off to the baby section. There I would lose every ounce of sense I have and Nathan would be getting a wardrobe for the next 10 years. He'd also get a down blanket and comforter because my BABY DESERVES TO BE TOASTY WARM THIS WINTER! He'd get some new toys. Some new shoes. Oh I am fantasizing already.

Be strong, be strong, be strong. Remember, as Oscar Wilde once said "I can resist anything except temptation".

2 comments:

Mary said...

Run, do not walk, to the Talbots Outlet in the Woburn Mall. There you will be able to satisfy your yearning for new (and good quality) clothes for pennies. Seriously. I was there today and they've got stuff for 75% off. I got two nice cotton tops and spent a total of $10.99. Talbots stuff is great and lasts forever...I'm still wearing tee shirts that I bought 9 years ago. I never pay full price, of course. :-)

Katharine said...

Oh see I didn't even KNOW there was a Talbot's Outlet at the Woburn mall.. will see if I can get there this week! Thanks for the tip!