Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Play Time with Nathan

Starting to get the hang of the whole "stay at home" thing with Nathan. We have playtime and feeding time, and SOMETIMES there is even..... wait for it.. NAP TIME!!! Oh how I love nap time! Anyway, every single day I feel like Nathan is doing something different, learning, or surprising me with what he can do. Lately, he's obsessed with books. He'll pick out a book and drag it over to me and kind of, well, THROW it at me! I'll say "Do you want me to read your book" and he'll smile and I'll pull him onto my lap and we'll read together. Okay, I'll TRY to read. Nathan has not yet mastered the whole idea of waiting for me to finish reading what is on the page before TURNING the page! And he goes back and forth. Right now tough, he's OBSESSED with a version of "Pat the Bunny" called "Bunny and Friends". Basically Paul and Judy, along with their new friends Gordon and Kay, are looking for bunny and they see a lot of other animals on the farm first. Honestly, I had no idea there even WAS a sequel to "Pat the Bunny" and secretly think it's kind of a lame book - but Nathan LOVES it. He pulls it out of the book shelf to bring to me so I read it. Over and over and over again. And again. And again. I know repetition is good for kids, but my oh my. I keep trying to switch it out for another book, and sometimes I can convince him that "Go Dog Go" is a better choice, but not always.

It is super cute though. Especially when he's sitting on my lap all excited and he stops every now and then and looks back at me. Making sure I'm still there, maybe? But it's adorable when he does it and it absolutely melts me heart.

We are however, VERY excited to move. Baby jail is NOT working for Nathan anymore. And we can't use our exersaucer either since he's figured out how to escape. You have to be with him ALL THE TIME or he does some sort of houdini manuever and when a 13 month old is "exploring", well, that's not a good thing.

Countdown to moving? 16 days!

1 comment:

Sage said...

Where are you moving to?!
~Sage