Saturday, August 21, 2010

Lack of Sleep, Moving Boxes everywhere and general cranky attitude

I feel like I am turning into a bitch. Jeff and I (and Nathan and Monty) are moving this up-coming Friday. I'm so excited on one hand, but on the other hand, I am completely overwhelmed and cranky. Our house is tiny. It's tiny and now has BOXES STACKED EVERYWHERE! There are boxes stacked next to the sofa, under the stairs, near our breakfast bar. Boxes are taking up precious inches of space and making this house feel EVEN SMALLER. I am stressed about being READY for the move so I don't sleep. I don't sleep and as a result I am cranky. In fact, I have crossed the line from cranky and gone into full force bitch mode. The only person immune to my bitch mood is Nathan. Let's face it, Nathan can do nothing wrong and even when he's being a terror, I STILL smother him in kisses. But Jeff and Monty? They don't fare as well. Jeff gets snippy answers. Snippy, short answers. Sometimes punctuated with comments about how tired I am thrown in for good measure. Because I want Jeff to SUFFER WITH ME! And poor Monty. Monty gets yelled at. The poor dog has space the size of a postage stamp, and in his defensive there is NOWHERE in the house he can go without being in the way. So it's non-stop "Monty - move" or "Scoot" or "I'm putting Monty outside for the next hour because I cannot deal anymore". Do I need to add that Monty HATES being outside and spends the entire time at the gate waiting to come back in?? It makes me feel soooo guilty, but I have no choice. This is my SANITY we're talking about.

Now this week Nathan has been really, really good with naps. He takes a morning nap around 9:30am and sleeps till like 11:30am. Sometimes he takes an afternoon nap, sometimes he doesn't. Today, however, taking a nap went bye bye. I put Nathan down at 10am. He was EXHAUSTED. For some reason though, maybe because Nathan was like a shark smelling blood in the water and knew that I had only gotten about three hours of sleep, Nathan was NOT napping. We changed his diaper three times. I went up and brought him his pacifier more times than I can recall. I cuddled and kissed him. I got him all snuggly and comfy in his crib and he DID NOT NAP. In fact, he didn't nap until 12pm. It was 2 hours of whining and crying and fussing and Jeff and I arguing about the need to nap. It was NOT pretty. Though our arguing this time did not reach the fevered pitch it could have because we were TOO TIRED TO EFFECTIVELY ARGUE WITH EACH OTHER. We had no energy to fight. Well, I did manage to bitch that I would rather gouge out my eyeballs than watch a wrestling show on television thus sending Jeff into another room as I watched the lovely and always-soothing QVC. But honestly, that's polite for us when we're ready to have at it.

Meanwhile it's now 11:16pm on a Saturday night and guess what? I can't sleep. It's gonna be another long, long night!

No comments: