Friday, February 20, 2009

Taxes and a little bit of TMI

Well Jeff and I did our taxes this evening and does anyone else get slightly depressed and think "Where did our money GO" in the past year?? Seriously, its like it all blows away in a big pile of smoke entitled "Bills". Poof! It's gone!!! We are trying some new ideas to save money, and there are a few things on my list right now.

  • 1. Wall to wall carpet for the nursery
  • 2. Lily's vet appointment to get her checked out and possibly on mood altering drugs to keep her from peeing on even MORE things around the house.
  • 3. Monty to be groomed - seriously, our dog STINKS!!!
  • 4. Furniture for nursery

Right now that's all I can think of. We also have a fund for home improvements that we're trying to start because oh, if we don't start saving it WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!

And because I'm feeling very random this evening I wanted to share a tidbit about pregnancy with everyone. Something that I was not aware of before this. You know how in movies they show ultrasounds and its done on the belly?? Well when you're REALLY early in your pregnancy ultrasound is not done this way. Oh no. They use something very similar to a TAMPON and it's an INTERNAL ultrasound. More information than you wanted?? Well I just wanted to give all you ladies' a heads up because boy howdy was I SURPRISED when this happened to me. I mean... surprised probably doesn't cut it. Surprise is a word you use for something pleasant, like a birthday party or cake or something like that. This was not pleasant. This was distinctly UNPLEASANT and to make things even more AWKWARD - Jeff was in the room. Now I love Jeff and we don't have any secrets, but I certainly did not want him there to see that little visit. So take that into consideration ladies!! Little tidbit from me to you - you can thank me later!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Holy moly. Add that to the list of things they don't tell you until it's too late!