Sunday, February 15, 2009

Last week of massage

So I'm stopping massage this up-coming weekend. Spending 6 hours on my feet giving massage is leaving my lower back an achy mess. I'm done. But I AM proud of myself for sucking it up until after Valentine's Day which is typically our money making weekend. But I do have ONE complaint - and let's face it, what's the point of blogging unless you have something to bitch about.

$10 tip for an 80 minute massage?? Are you KIDDING me?? Now I understand that times are tight right now, but $10??? GAH!! Are you joking?? Do you KNOW how exhausting an 80 minute massage can be to give?? Now the price at Elements for an 80 minute massage is $75, and $10 is just a little over 10%. I'd be MORE insulted and think that maybe they hated my massage and I just sucked, but I looked at their history and they rarely give more than $10. Ugh...

One time this client gave $5!! $5!!! People, let me tell you a little secret. A massage therapist either works on straight commission, or you are like me and only get $16 per massage. We LIVE for our tips, LIVE for them! If you can't afford to tip nicely, than do what I do.. don't go!!

Vent over!

No comments: